As a School Counselor, I am committed to guiding the future students of this once Great Nation to a higher level of independence and freedom. Martin Luther King had a dream many years ago. Now, I have a dream for the future Americans. I dream of the American family living debt free and for each person who desires a vocation to be gainfully employed. I dream of Americans who want a college or professional degree being allowed to pursue such an education free of charge. Why should aspiring students have to take out loans to pay for an education? The obvious investment is in the professional contribution of the future graduate to our American society and professional communities. Our educated creative minds should bare the fruits of innovation and design to further enhance our American society. Let's get back to "made in the USA". Clearly our current practices and policies have worked against the machine. The current politicians ask, "Are you ready for change" ? I want to ask the American people, "Who can afford not to change"?
It seems while the majority of US were sleepwalking and hoodwinked we have been awaken by a sudden downward shift, reminiscent of the tragic nose dive of the unsinkable Titanic. If we look outside of our nation we will see a "World" preparing for the future trends which ultimately predict how much time we all have left to waste and pretend to be prepared for what lies ahead.
I feel like I'm living inside of a movie about the destruction of an American society. If we don't pull together we will all meet our demise in the name of "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness"! Let us not forget the feelings of anger and vulnerability when the World Trade Center was destroyed on 9/11. I think it is past time for us to "CHANGE"!
Please thank a veteran for our FREEDOMS in this Great Country!
2 comments:
Hi Clement,
It is me again. These extracts that you have posted to your blog are extremely powerful.
As your freedom day approaches for all citizens of america, I want to encourage you to continue to liberate the masses in the name of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!
Yes, I do agree, that the concept of change has to begin from within. There is a need for a whole need attitude and that must first begin with each individual.
May your July 04, 2008, be the best one to date as you enjoy time with family and friends.
While in North Carolina, many years ago attending college, I had many opportunities to enjoy July 04, with a friend called Paula Evette Echols, her families and our associates. Unfortunately, my mom took sick and our relationship severed. Such is life. Happy July 04!
From rural Andros,
Mac
Thank you again for your well wishes!
Post a Comment